JULY IS NATIONAL ICE CREAM MONTH - Let's Start the Celebration
In 1984, President Ronald Reagan designated July as National Ice Cream Month and the third Sunday of the month as National Ice Cream Day. He proclaimed that all people of the United States should observe these events with "appropriate ceremonies and activities."
The International Ice Cream Association (IICA) encourages retailers and consumers everywhere to celebrate July as National Ice Cream Month along with National Ice Cream Day on Sunday, July 19. So the next big question is: how will you celebrate?
A stop at the local ice cream parlor? A quick drive-thru milkshake? There are sooo many options. Even Italian ice cream known as gelato and the much loved frozen yogurt are joining in on the celebration. May we suggest some perfect ways to celebrate?
- Check out a Happy Gelato Party - occurring all across the U.S. this summer and fall, checkout the event listing of parties for a great day of cool treats and fun
- Look up one of the shops listing in our directory and celebrate with a stop there
- Try something new - a new frozen yogurt shop in town?
- Share your experience - click on our Around the World tab and let others know how your celebration was.
- Visit us on Facebook and tell us your favorite flavor, craziest flavor you tried and what flavor you'd like to try for a chance to win a WhyGelato.com t-shirt!
Enjoy this month-long celebration and be sure to do your civic duty and celebrate with your favorite frozen treat - President Regan's orders!